Rice University is an institution that was founded in 1912. It is located in the center of Houston’s Museum District, therefore offering an active student life in one of the largest cities. Rice University includes eight schools, which are the School of Social Sciences, Wiess School of Natural Sciences and the School of Humanities.
As one of the leading research universities in USA, Rice University aims to fulfill the educational mission by developing an idea of community of discovery and learning to produce real professionals in the spheres of Social and Natural Sciences and Humanities.
Facts about Rice University:
- Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Number of students: 6,484
- Campus territory: 295-acre (1.19 km2)
- The territory of Rice campus is heavily-wooded
Rice University offers more than 50 majors within 6 sections of the study, which are Humanities, Architecture, Music, Engineering, Natural and Social Sciences. In addition, there are different minors, professional and interdisciplinary programs for collaboration and research.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Materials Science and NanoEngineering
- Computational and Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Ancient Mediterranean Civilizations
- Art History
- Medieval and Early Modern Studies
- Visual and Dramatic Arts
Admission at Rice is an individualized process. It examines the academic aspirations, motivation, artistic talent, and potential of every applicant.
Admitting a student to Rice, they pay attention to GPA, and SAT/ACT scores.
- 670 / 760 in critical reading
- 700 / 790 in math
- 670 / 770 in writing
Tuition and fees:
- Tuition and Fees in 2013 – 14 are $38,941
- Books cost is $800
- Room and board are approximately $13,000
- Other Expenses: $1,550
- In total: $54,291