Massachusetts Institute of Technology is a real leader in the sphere of technical and scientific education in the USA. The Institute was found on April 10, 1861.
Today, the Institute offers a huge amount of academic departments with a strong focus on engineering, scientific and technological education. It includes 5 schools and 1 college with 32 departments. Massachusetts Institute of Technology has a strong business culture.
Facts about Massachusetts Institute of Technology:
- Location: Cambridge.
- Number of students: 11 000.
- 52 National Medal of Science owners, 38 MacArthur Fellows, 81 Nobel laureates, and 45 Rhodes Scholars studied/worked at MIT.
- One of the largest nuclear piles of America is located on the territory of the campus.
MIT is known for education and research in engineering and physical sciences. However, more recently the Institute has developed other disciplines like biology, linguistics, economics, and management.
- Public Health
As for the application, MIT has a student-orientated policy. The applicants are selected in the unique context. The Institute does not apply for regional, state, or school quotas, as well as does not give any preference to the applicants with alumni relations.
The selection process is focused on excellent academic achievements and a match between the Institute and a certain applicant. Application includes:
- Recommendation letters
- Bibliographical form
- High school transcript
As for the tuition and other expenses, MIT offers the following:
- For 2013–2014 the tuition for nine months costs $43,210.
- At average, the room and board costs $12,744. The price may vary accordingly to student’s dining and housing arrangements.
- Personal expenses and books are about $2,778.