Haverford College is a liberal arts college located in Haverford, Pennsylvania, USA. All students are undergraduates, and almost all of them live on campus.
Haverford College was founded in 1833 by the members of the Orthodox Philadelphia Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. Nowadays the college has no religious affiliation.
This college was initially an all-male one, it began admitting female students only in 1970. Today more than a half of Haverford students are female.
The College is located on a wonderful campus not far from Philadelphia. Reviewing the official website, one may claim that Haverford offers the students a great amount of academic opportunities. Haverford is typically ranked among the best liberal arts colleges in the United States of America.
Facts about Haverford College:
- Haverford students can be admitted to law school, medical school and other professional ones. Their rates are higher than the national average ones, so they can be compared to highly popular liberal arts universities and colleges
- Number of students: 1,187
- Students living on campus: 98%
- Haverford provides Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees among thirty-one majors in natural, social sciences and humanities
Despite Haverford is mainly focused on arts and humanities, this institution is also notable in different sciences. In 50’s Haverford was the first college in USA that taught molecular biology to the undergraduates.
The most Popular Majors:
- Political Science
- 660 / 750 in critical reading
- 650 / 740 in math
- 660 / 750 in writing
Tuition and Fees:
The costs of Haverford in 2013 – 2014 are the following:
- Tuition and Fees: $45,426
- Books: $1,194
- Room: $13,810
- Other: $1,468
- Total: $61,898